cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My internet is extremely slow and inconsistent.

Rippieus
Neighbour

For the past month, my high-speed internet has been really slow on my phone (32.60mbps) and my laptop great (78.73mbps). But here is the real issue, on my laptop (Macbook Pro) when I close my browser (Chrome) I have to turn off my wifi and turn it on again to have internet again. Works consistently until I close my browser then I have to do it all over again. Only happens on Chrome, not Firefox or Safari and checked for updates and all is good there. On my Android, I don't have that issue even though I use Chrome but do have a much slower wifi speed!      Ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

There are numerous things that can affect wi-fi speeds. Telus has a utility that may help diagnose the problem:

Slow Internet speed troubleshooting | TELUS Support

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Rippieus
Neighbour

Sorry, some info in my topic above is wrong but couldn't find the topic edit switch anywhere. Anyways, my download speed is NOT good at 78mbps on my laptop and I have the GB package. It's even worse on my P40 Pro at 32mbps.

Thanks for reading and even a bigger thanks to the ones that reply!

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Do you have smart steering enabled? Only one SSID or do you have two separate networks a 2.4ghz and a 5ghz one?

Connect an Ethernet cable to your device(s) that are slow, then check your speed. Have you downloaded the Telus My Wi-Fi app? I suggest you download it. Once downloaded click on “network”, select the modem and run the speed test. 

Post your results.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Have you tried resetting your modem to factory specs, as described in another recent post? You may need a paperclip to complete the task.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

There are numerous things that can affect wi-fi speeds. Telus has a utility that may help diagnose the problem:

Slow Internet speed troubleshooting | TELUS Support

Just a long time customer hoping to help.