cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Connection and Disconnection on Pure Fibre after new modem, splicing, strong signal

BDiddy
Friendly Neighbour

At random intervals my purefibre internet completely disconnects and subsequently reconnects.

I have called tech support, had the modem replaced and resliced.  My work video calls are dropping and google home music disconnects.  It happens between 6-15 times per day.

I cant continue like this working from home. I paid for a dedicated 24/7 connection to the internet.

8 REPLIES 8

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Keep a record of when this happens (date, time and length of outage) and call support again. The more info you can supply, the easier it is for them to fix.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

loyalClient
Coach

Hi there,

You may try factory reset the modem when it is possible.

Also, what is the modem you are using and which firmware version?

Thanks

BDiddy
Friendly Neighbour

I've done this countless times-for good measure.  It gets so bad at times, I just connect to my phone because it is stable.

rkc
Just Moved In

Hi BDiddy, did your issue ever get resolved? This sounds exactly like what I am experiencing...

Which modem or router you are using and what is its firmware version?

BDiddy
Friendly Neighbour

I don't know what firmware it is but it is the T3200M

BDiddy
Friendly Neighbour

No, unfortunately it hasn't been resolved. It seems to be  VERY common issue. I posted about it on social media, and you should see the responses.  It is incredibly annoying.  I am a student, and I will be in my flow state working on a paper and bam, office 365 disconnects and freezes because of connectivity issues.  I can't even type a word when this happens.  I almost just bought Office student so I could work offline then I thought - why?  I am paying the equivalent monthly for internet - it should work!

I have even at times installed a monitor to track the issue.  The last guy that came said I have had too many devices connected.  Give me a break!  its fibre optic and I live in a 600 square foot condo, its not like I am mining crypto or something.  

When you search social media A LOT of people are having this issue. Its a network issue - and if it doesn't get addressed soon - I am just going to cancel.

BDiddy
Friendly Neighbour

Soo I have tried something different.  I changed the setting in admin, which I guess was searching for an optimal channel daily at 7 am in the morning.  I may change the time to a busier time of the day if it seems that I get more interference at that time.  So far today, things seem to be working much much better.  But only time will tell.