cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am owed a refund but I moved overseas - how do I get my refund

awooldridge
Neighbour

I have credit on my account. The website says it will be sent by cheque to the address my service was with - I no longer live at this address and if it's sent there, I will NOT receive the cheque.

HOW do I actually receive what I am owed by Telus?

The chat system doesn't let me speak with an agent (all busy, permanently) and I cannot request a callback because I am overseas. The Twitter support account is not replying either. 

So:

1. How can I actually chat online with a support agent

2. How can I get my refund (particularly if I cannot tell a support agent my situation and have them update my details so nothing gets sent to an unoccupied address??)

4 REPLIES 4

xray
Hero

@awooldridge wrote:

So:

1. How can I actually chat online with a support agent

2. How can I get my refund (particularly if I cannot tell a support agent my situation and have them update my details so nothing gets sent to an unoccupied address??)

1. Try Chat again later in the day or evening (EST).
  2. Did you look into mail forwarding with Canada Post?
    https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/personal/receiving/manage-mail/mail-forwarding.page
    Maybe you can ask to send the cheque to someone else in Canada like a friend or relative.

1. I have tried several times at different hours and it alternates between "no agents are available right now" (for hours on end) and not even having the option within the chat feature to speak to anyone about home internet.

2. Canada Post forwarding costs a minimum of $105 to set up - as my refund amount is less than this, it would COST me money to enable myself to receive my owed refund through this means.

3. I can only ask to send the cheque to someone else in Canada if I can actually contact a representative... (see point #1 above...) 

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello. Did you get a response from our team on Twitter yet?

I did, and they told me to use the chat feature (what they assumed to be a novel idea, I'm sure) and type "agent" to reach an agent (I don't know if you've ever actually tried this, but it is not straightforward and all of my attempts have been unsuccessful - see point #1 in my other reply)

I have still not been able to reach any agent