cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get updated router/modem?

Jayngo
Neighbour
I just updated to faster internet at home and they didn’t send me new hardware ? I’m still with the very old modem that I first got 5 years ago (telus t3200)

6 REPLIES 6

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

What speed is your internet? I'm using the T3200 on gigabit fibre with no issues. 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

I have Telus internet 250 and I can’t even use the wifi while standing in the same room as the modem sometimes.

Have you tried changing to different channels and bandwidths on your 2.4 and 5 Ghz wifi?

How do I do that?

Same. Have 1 gig fibre on a T3200M with no problems either.  

zulu53
Coach

The full answer.  If there is nothing wrong with the T3200M then keep it.  Though the latest modem is wifi6 instead of the wifi5 of the T3200m which will be better for you if you have wifi6 capable devices (like a phone or tablet) your current problems with this may not be with the modem and replacing it will not help you - you would be better off troubleshooting the present frequencies used or adding a wifi extender.  If you do have wifi 6 devices then to get a "new" modem just phone the Telus number and ask for one.  Most of the CSA's will just send you one as long as you have been a loyal customer.  If you do happen to get a CSA that is not focused enough then just claim that the T3200M is broken (disconnect it first).  But be aware that just getting a newer modem will not necessarily solve your wifi problems.  Newer in the IT business does NOT necessarily translate into better: and most IT equipment follows the rule - "if its not broken then don't fix it".