cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre optic update question

Gov52
Just Moved In

This might be a stupid question. I scheduled an appointment to get the fibre optic update and was going to work from home that day since someone needs to be here. However, is my intent service down during the instillation?   If so, that won't work for me as I need the internet to work

2 REPLIES 2

DrPacman
Rockstar

@Gov52 wrote:  I scheduled an appointment to get the fibre optic update and was going to work from home that day since someone needs to be here. However, is my intent service down during the instillation? 

Good day…

It is possible for the installers to rough the service in prior to disconnection your current service. Then for a brief time you will be without any internet as the connection is reestablished with the new fibre install.

That was precisely the way I had my upgrade done 2 years ago, worked flawlessly for me. Cheers…

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo", or mark as solution if it solves your problem, thank you very much.

Just as DrPacman mentioned, I likewise also had my services upgraded to fiber about a week ago. There was only a brief disruption as the installer changed the connecting terminal/port to the router + initialization time. Overall I'd say I was without home internet service for about 5-7 minutes or so. But your mileage may vary! lol You could always ask the technician before they start work.