cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fax line

MorenMore
Friendly Neighbour

My cordless base is connected into pots1.  Can I connect my fax machine to pots2?  I tried but didn't get a dial tone.  Is the only other option to temporarily connect my fax machine to pots1 and loose my home phone?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TechsupportGuy
Just Moved In
Hi @MorenMore.
As per your description, you must be on FIFA.
So, by default the Pots 1 is available for home phone. The Pots 2 kept disabled. In FIFA smartring facility is not available unlike copper so that you could have two different numbers and one could be used for fax.
In order to get your fax machine working, you need to call the Tech Support line and ask to make a request for pots 2 enable. Normally it also can be denied.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TechsupportGuy
Just Moved In
Hi @MorenMore.
As per your description, you must be on FIFA.
So, by default the Pots 1 is available for home phone. The Pots 2 kept disabled. In FIFA smartring facility is not available unlike copper so that you could have two different numbers and one could be used for fax.
In order to get your fax machine working, you need to call the Tech Support line and ask to make a request for pots 2 enable. Normally it also can be denied.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Usually yo can plug your phone into the Fax machine. You then have to decide how to manage incoming calls. This was a common issue in the past, and folks published a number of  solutions for managing incoming faxes.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"