cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faster Telus for Good plans

RyDawg
Advisor

I am on PWD and considering getting Telus Internet for Good. Currently I am using Freedom Home Internet which gives me 150 MBPS for $55 a month. I see that what Telus is offering is currently only $20 a mont but you only get 50 MBPS. is there any way to get a faster plan discounted under Internet for Good?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Fabylous
Neighbourhood Alum
Neighbourhood Alum

Hi @RyDawg

The Internet for Good plans are pre-set.   The regular internet plans cannot be combined with the Internet for Good program.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Fabylous
Neighbourhood Alum
Neighbourhood Alum

Hi @RyDawg

The Internet for Good plans are pre-set.   The regular internet plans cannot be combined with the Internet for Good program.  

jobrien
Advocate

What is Telus For Good? I'm also on PWD and didn't know this was a thing. Freedom Mobile Home Internet is a thing of the past now. That Shaw merger really is something...isn't it? If you want faster internet, wait for a good promotion. There was a time, when I got over 1GBPS Fibre for $80.00 per month excluding mobility $20.00 off. So I was paying $60.00 with tax for it during the pandemic era. You have to phone up Telus and say you want to lower your bill per month. They'll put you on a good contract if you get a decent sales rep. Most of those went over to the business side, so I was able to get a good deal that way. I think home internet really should be cheaper, considering it's stationary. Back in 2013, 50MBPS for $40.00 a month was a pretty good plan. You should message Telus on Facebook Messenger and see if someone on there can't give you a better deal. It may be a bit more expensive, but in Telus's Home Internet case, you get what you pay for. And it doesn't have to cost as high as $275.00 a month for 2.5 GBPS fibre! Right now I'm paying $90.00 for that, and it's great.

Fabylous
Neighbourhood Alum
Neighbourhood Alum

Hi @jobrien Here are some details on the connecting for good programs you can see if you qualify there. https://www.telus.com/en/social-impact/connecting-canada/connecting-for-good-programs?intcmp=tcom_si...

Our Facebook messenger provides support on services however, they will probably suggest you other options when it comes to getting a deal.