cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email password issue

Phx1845
Friendly Neighbour
Hello. Every other day I get a message saying “Password Incorrect” for my telus email account and the system wants me to “Enter the password for the IMAP account “Telus”. I’ve of course changed the PW through the “forget” section of webmail and then the email comes in for a day or so then stops. Gmail is not affected. Any solutions out there? Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8

RonAKA
Rockstar

Have you been switched over from Telus Webmail to Gmail? If so, why would you need a Telus password any longer?

Phx1845
Friendly Neighbour
Hello. No switch, I have a gmail account also.

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

What is giving you this message? Is it your mail app on your phone, Outlook or something else? You will likely need to go into the account information in that application and update the password.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

Phx1845
Friendly Neighbour
Yes I agree and that does bring back the email ( doesn’t matter what Apple device as they all won’t receive). However I shouldn’t have to reset password every 4 or 5 days.

Is it possible that you have a device/mail app somewhere that's using the wrong password and is causing the account to be locked out due to too many failed attempts when it automatically looks for new mail?

Phx1845
Friendly Neighbour
Hmm. That’s an interesting observation, but I don’t think so. Today for instance I’m getting mail on my iPhone but not my iPad. Also, can’t sign into webmail ( just to see if I could) and it won’t let me. Of course if I change password I’m sure I could get in.

That started for me this morning....wrong username/password in both email app and webmail.
Webmail app correctly configure IMAP and SMTP.

Hello. So you have this issue also. Today I couldn’t get email. (Changed PW yesterday) just to get email and had to do it again today. Going to see if a Telus tech can figure this out.