cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Weirdness

Tumchewx
Just Moved In

We use a Telus smarthub for our internet and out of the blue our email (Apple) has stopped working normally. We have to use our data to send and receive email 99% of the time. Very occasionally we receive email but can’t seem to ever send it. We can send and receive email normally using other internet providers (we were away and used the hotel’s provider - Shaw - and everything worked fine). At home we get the error message “Cannot Send Mail The connection to the outgoing server p48-smtp.mail.me.com failed. Additional Outgoing Mail Servers can be configured for Mail accounts in Settings>Mail>Accounts.”  If anyone can help please use small words and non techie language as I am an idiot with all things internet. Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Try changing the outgoing server address to just smtp.mail.me.com. That's what Apple's website advises people use.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

It turns out our smart hub wasn’t so smart and needed to be updated!

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I suggest deleting and re-installing your iCloud mail account. There will be an option to keep all your current mail as you do this.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"