cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus TV+ Android App Error Pixel 8 Pro

Matdman
Organizer
Error
Sorry, an error was encountered. Please try again. If the problem persists, visit telus.com/telustverrors for more details about error messages.
java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol:

Have been getting the same error ever since changing phones from an S20 FE to a Pixel 8 Pro. The app worked great on the Samsung, but now I have not been able to watch a single thing on my Pixel.

I have tried multiple re-installs, clearing cache, deleting app data, the works. Anyone have this issue and figured out a solution?
6 REPLIES 6

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @Matdman, there is a "playback performance" toggle in settings (click the ME icon in the bottom right to bring up the settings) Let me know if this helps with the error at all. We'd also like to know if you are seeing this on Live, VOD, or both. Are you on VPN by any chance? 

@dru if we can collect some additional info, the team can investigate further. The following info would help: IP Address, account info, exact device model, OS level, TELUS app version, and security patch level.

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Optik-Kate No problem. 

@Matdman I'll send a private message your way to see if we can get that going. Please keep an eye out for it 🙂

Hi, I am having this same issue on a Google Pixel 7A, both VOD and live. I am not on a VPN. I tried the "playback performance toggle, it didn't work. On Android version 14, app version is 2.20.276.001.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, I'll send you a private message to discuss further as well, thanks.

jdmfm
Just Moved In

Hi,

I too am having this issue - Google Pixel 6.  java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol (no error #)

I've disabled VPN.  The issue persists on Live TV and VOD.

I've also tried the "playback performance toggle" with no success.  Android 14, newest update was yesterday

app version is 2.20.276.001

I tried the app on an old phone (Huawei Mate 20 pro) and it worked.  Using this phone isn't a solution.

Hopefully there is a solution - I'm fresh with Telus and this has sullied my first week.

Thanks

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello. I'll send you a private message as well, thanks.