cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recordings Red Circle 🔴

RobG3987
Ambassador
This should a pinned thread for everyone to keep adding too since it seems to be another ongoing issue with recording flaws.
Here is the list of shows currently showing in my recordings that have a Red Circle beside it and haven't gone away in over a week.
Special Forces
The Fifth Estate E4
Power Trip:The story of energy
Masked Singer E8
The View
Can someone remove these?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @RobG3987, @Grimmt is correct that there's something going on with the metadata where unavailable shows are being shown as recordable. I flagged this about a month ago to the development team and it looks like we just finished testing a new build that should help with this experience. We're aiming to have a new release by the end of the month. 

I'm also working on a new thread to showcase the new features that we've launched in the hopes of providing transparency. Please stay tuned! 

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27

All my recordings AND scheduled where deleted.
So I don't know if it was related or not to the update. Others have said not but mine are gone.
So better watch yours,,, you never know when some gremlin is going to wipe everything out.

Thanks Rob, I have more red dots and they seem to be related to series recordings. Hopefully gone soon.

Rocky3
Rockstar

awww, I feel left out, no red dots. Did have a problem deleting recordings that came from channels I cancelled. Went through the delete steps and they would not go away until I logged out and back in again with the main Telus android box.

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @RobG3987, @Grimmt is correct that there's something going on with the metadata where unavailable shows are being shown as recordable. I flagged this about a month ago to the development team and it looks like we just finished testing a new build that should help with this experience. We're aiming to have a new release by the end of the month. 

I'm also working on a new thread to showcase the new features that we've launched in the hopes of providing transparency. Please stay tuned! 

Grimmt
Advocate

That's interesting Optik-Kate.

I wonder why the TelusTV+ apps on my PC and iOS don't have this issue.  Doesn't the guide on these apps use the same metadata?   [If not, someone in development (Telus or 3SS) seriously needs to do some refactoring to incorporate reuse to reduce future maintenance complexity.]

Looking forward to the next release!

Rocky3
Rockstar

No thanks, I want to be trasparent. If I have something to say, it is for anyone to see.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sounds good.