OS

GAM
Helpful Neighbour

My current OS IS 10;API; 29 I saw in one comment it should be 30 or 31

10 REPLIES 10

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you're asking about the TelusTV+ set top box, the current version of AndroidTV I have is 12 API 31. The box will notify about the updates, if it doesn't install them automatically overnight after they're released. It is possible to manually check for updates still.

If you referring to the version of AndroidTV installed on your Hisense TV, you'll need to contact the TV manufacturer. Telus doesn't provide software updates for third party hardware, especially TVs. It's not uncommon to see older versions of AndroidTV, especially 10, installed on cheap TVs. The manufacturers are often slow to update them. AndroidTV 9 no longer is supported by Google.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

GAM
Helpful Neighbour
The TV is a Hisense purchased in June of this year, not sure what you mean by a cheap TV, it’s a Smart TV 4K FFM, on the System menu under about it shows Android TV OS Version 12 Android TV Security patch level April 5 2024 I am not sure what any of this means. All this info was found using the TV remote

Gary

@Nighthawk wrote:

If you're asking about the TelusTV+ set top box, the current version of AndroidTV I have is 12 API 31. The box will notify about the updates, if it doesn't install them automatically overnight after they're released. It is possible to manually check for updates still.

If you referring to the version of AndroidTV installed on your Hisense TV, you'll need to contact the TV manufacturer. Telus doesn't provide software updates for third party hardware, especially TVs. It's not uncommon to see older versions of AndroidTV, especially 10, installed on cheap TVs. The manufacturers are often slow to update them. AndroidTV 9 no longer is supported by Google.

I am in BC lower mainland with Android OS 10, API:29. you have 12 API 31

I have done several manual check for updates. This needs explanation.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

As far as I know I have the same hardware as everyone else so I have no clue how my box has a different OS than others. I just let it run updates whenever they pop up, if they haven't already installed on their own. I'm pretty sure it updated to 12 quite some time ago.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

GAM
Helpful Neighbour
Not sure what you are talking about
My issue is the Guide won’t stay in My Favourites when the tv is turned off & then on the guide loads My Subscriptions

Gary

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I think you're confusing the discussion. Your query about the guide and favourites is in this other discussion. The current discussion in this thread was about the operating system / software version on the set top boxes.

@GAM 

You need to know your way around the menu available. On Your screen when you press the home key has an icon top right, when pressed brings up the menu. I suggest you do that and open up all to get to know it. The OS can be found there. BTW there is "About" at the top of one list, click on it too

Rocky3
Rockstar

The new Telus TV+ 21T box OS found in the Account information section is what we are talking about. It does not matter what TV brand is attached to the HDMI output.

This morning I have App version 1.24.6.900 and Android OS 10, API:29

What you saw was an example posted which showed API:30 which I am not sure if it was an example or actual. Now we have API: 31 with one user.

BTW system update can be found >Device preference >About

I just tried it and there were no changes

GAM
Helpful Neighbour
I have the same 1.24.6.900
10;API.29

Gary

Rocky3
Rockstar

@TELUS_Support 

I would have thought you would have weighed in on why @Nighthawk has a different OS.

This should have an easy explanation OR a possible solution.

Not sure what HTML there was as I do not see a change

Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.