cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is January 2024 the latest update. 1.24.2.200

Rocky3
Rockstar

The February 28th version was 1.24.2.200 

This version is still the one displayed. So does it get updated with no version change? Most other updates change the version number. From previous threads, I see changes that were added and now no longer there do not affect the version number.

ON February 20, 2024 Optik Kate wrote 

the last update we had was in January with a backend release (no changes to the version number, it's a firmware update). We have a release coming at the end of Feb, and this one will change the version number. 

On July 30, 2024 This was posted

Q2 2024:

• Recording improvements: 
    • Eliminated the skipping of the first episode when scheduling recording series
    • Reduction of removed recordings due to metadata inconsistencies
    • Series schedule will remain in the recording manager after a season ends
  • Launch of Free Ad-Supported Streaming Channels so you can watch them anytime, anywhere, without a subscription
  • Apple TV interface redesign for better navigation
  • Custom date/time picker on Android mobile guide
  • Remove content from the resume lane by press & hold (long press) on items in the lane

Now in early August, we that care noticed that the guide no longer defaults to My Favorites, so we can conclude this update without a version number change was based on the January update and erased some things that were pushed through after the January update. 

Yes I know, they are working on fixing it, again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Our product team is investigating this and we'll advise of updates as we get them!

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Thank you for providing detailed information on the versioning and updates. It appears that while the version number hasn’t changed, updates can still occur without altering the version number itself, particularly with backend firmware releases. As you noted, changes and improvements were made in updates without a version number change, such as the January update and the recent changes observed in early August. We understand that some features, like the default guide settings, seem to have reverted or been affected. Our team is indeed working on resolving these issues, and we appreciate your patience as we work to implement fixes.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

Rocky3
Rockstar

I cannot accept that changing the version number is not an accepted practise by Telus. How does anyone then know if their software is current. How does tech support know if my 21T box has the supposed update pushed with the same version number. Perhaps had the version number changed we would know what changed/reversed My Favorites as being default. How hard is it to push out 1.24.2.201 then 1.24.2.202

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

We do increment the version number with each app release; the in-market version should be 1.24.6.900. For the set-top box, the '24.6' represents the year and month that this app version was created  (though not necessarily the year/month it was released to the public, as you have to allow time for testing). So the in-market version was created in June and released to the public in late July. 

While we do strive for monthly app releases, it's not always possible due to a number of factors; periods of high viewership where we don't want to have any impact to the TV experience (Stanley Cup finals, Olympics etc.), high severity bugs that cannot be resolved in time, etc. 

Rocky3
Rockstar

@KHR 

Thank you. Your explanation should be available to all those that reply or answer the phone. That would be a start in communication flow.

We can now agree that the update eliminated instead of incorporated fixes that were pushed. Like my pet peeve "My Favorites" being default when I turn on the TV.

Rocky3
Rockstar

1.24.6.900 was pushed out July 2024.

Today August 20th what was lost in July has not been returned.

When will my default guide be "My Favorites" without having to choose it every time the TV is turned on?

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Could you please confirm the following details for us?

• Your app build number (profile icon top right corner > account information > App version). Example: "1.24.6.900"
  • Your OS version (profile icon top right corner > account information). Example: "10, API: 30" or "12, API: 31"

Additionally, could you share more about the steps you're taking? For example, does the filter stay in the guide as long as you're using the box, but when you leave it overnight and return, it resets to "subscribed channels"? Or does the filter disappear as soon as you leave the guide to watch live TV, and even if you return to the guide immediately, it's gone?

Lastly, could you confirm that you're using a Jade box and not another Android TV device, such as an Nvidia Shield or Chromecast with Google TV? We just want to ensure it's the TELUS TV digital box.

yes app version 1.24.6.900

OS 10, API: 29

Yes I have said turn off at night, turn on the next day reverts to subscribed. This was fixed in February and has reverted by the July update, which so far I have not seen what was updated.

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Sent this to our product team. They will try to replicate the issue. 

GAM
Helpful Neighbour

I have the same issue 

GAM
Helpful Neighbour

I am not sure where I go to find this info I have the same issue with my favourites guide 

GAM
Helpful Neighbour
I looked up my OS it is 10;API;29 I read where it should be 30 or 31

Gary

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Our product team is investigating this and we'll advise of updates as we get them!

GAM
Helpful Neighbour

I have the same problem