cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMT HD Channel

ODAWG27
Organizer
I've noticed when I put it to channel 555 (CMT HD) that it is playing the SD version of the channel and not the HD channel. Is this happening for anyone else?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

The feed on my set-top box and on the TELUS TV+ app looks SD as well, though most recent programming (Cheers, Frasier, Everybody Loves Raymond) etc. is 20+ years old. Normally if one channel is in SD and all others are in HD, it's a source feed issue. I've put in a note to our AV team to check on this and whether there's anything they can do on their end or if it originates at the broadcaster.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

This could be due to the actual program airing. Whereas the SD version of this channel on 9555 will always look that way, a few programs on the HD channel 555 may as well if it's something like a sitcom from before 2009 when HD really became standard. Stuff gets upscaled all the time, but if it's an older sitcom or music video shot in 2007 or 1999 etc. then it wasn't filmed in HD so will probably look lower quality.

I get that, but the show currently on (Rules Of Engagement) has never been shown in SD on CMTHD...the episodes currently airing aired in 2012...this is a Telus channel issue...

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

If it's only occurring on the one channel, it could be an issue with the broadcaster itself (as we haven't got any other complaints about it). If it's happening with other channels as well, and equipment reboots don't resolve it, you could always reach out to our Tech Support team at 1-888-811-2323 so they can investigate.

Well if any tech reads this...I've rebooted everything on my end and CMTHD (555) is still showing the SD version of the channel....

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

The feed on my set-top box and on the TELUS TV+ app looks SD as well, though most recent programming (Cheers, Frasier, Everybody Loves Raymond) etc. is 20+ years old. Normally if one channel is in SD and all others are in HD, it's a source feed issue. I've put in a note to our AV team to check on this and whether there's anything they can do on their end or if it originates at the broadcaster.