cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to change rate plan online?

laurens
Just Moved In

I've been trying to cancel/pause my plan for months now as I'm overseas. I've called several times and sat on hold for 2+ hrs. The Live Chat is down (assuming due to COVID impacts), however there is no web form or email contact.

I've tried to change my plan online under Plans and Devices >Rate Plan Change > Available Plans, however there are no available plans for me to select. My phone is fully paid so I should be able to opt out or pause or switch to pay as you go.

Isn't it illegal to not provide customers a means to opt out or discontinue a service??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Reach out to them on twitter @TELUSsupport 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Reach out to them on twitter @TELUSsupport 

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You can also port your number to a VOIP service, which would cancel the Telus account, but allow your Canadian friends to still reach you at a local number, or you can cancel the VOIP account if you wish.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Canyda
Just Moved In

I'm having a similar issue. I'm trying to switch the line on my account from one BYOD plan to the new Peace of Mind online only promotional plan ($75/20 GB) and when I go to "Change Plan" it just lets me select my current plan and doesn't offer me any other options.

So I managed to get my rate plan changed by sending Telus Support a DM on Twitter and telling them what I wanted and they did it all on the back end.