Unable to change rate plan online?

Highlighted
Resident

I've been trying to cancel/pause my plan for months now as I'm overseas. I've called several times and sat on hold for 2+ hrs. The Live Chat is down (assuming due to COVID impacts), however there is no web form or email contact.

I've tried to change my plan online under Plans and Devices >Rate Plan Change > Available Plans, however there are no available plans for me to select. My phone is fully paid so I should be able to opt out or pause or switch to pay as you go.

Isn't it illegal to not provide customers a means to opt out or discontinue a service??

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

Reach out to them on twitter @TELUSsupport 

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

Reach out to them on twitter @TELUSsupport 

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

You can also port your number to a VOIP service, which would cancel the Telus account, but allow your Canadian friends to still reach you at a local number, or you can cancel the VOIP account if you wish.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Resident

I'm having a similar issue. I'm trying to switch the line on my account from one BYOD plan to the new Peace of Mind online only promotional plan ($75/20 GB) and when I go to "Change Plan" it just lets me select my current plan and doesn't offer me any other options.

Highlighted
Resident

So I managed to get my rate plan changed by sending Telus Support a DM on Twitter and telling them what I wanted and they did it all on the back end.