cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Change - No Explanation

Rick81
Coach

My July 2024 bill has gone up slightly over the June 2024 bill. It looks like something has changed with respect to my home phone? It's not a huge amount BUT a simple explanation would be appreciated.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

We understand your concern regarding the increase in your July 2024 bill. There could be several reasons for this change, especially related to your home phone services. Here are a few possibilities:

1. Rate Adjustments: Sometimes, service providers adjust their rates due to operational costs or other factors.
  2. Promotional Period Ending: If you were on a promotional rate that has recently expired, your bill might reflect the standard rate now.
  3. Additional Services or Features: There might be new services or features added to your account.
  4. Usage-Based Charges: Additional charges for extra usage (e.g., long-distance calls) could be a factor.

If you have any further questions or need assistance, please feel free to send us a private message.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Usually rate change notifications appear on the previous months bill. Also it may be mentioned here:

Home Phone service and rate updates | TELUS Support

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

Di444
Organizer

I just received my bill today and it has gone up from $108 to $166.  The trouble with Telus is they never give any advance warning - guess they are too busy "Making the future friendly" instead of making sure their customer base is satisfied with the service they are receiving.  I had the same issue last month with an increase and after being transferred to an agent (in the some other country) I thought the problem had been solved.  I have spoken to others who have Telus as their provider and all have had similar experiences.  If there was more competition in Canada the problem would disappear

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hi @Di444 - we are sorry that you experienced a higher bill than normal and we do want to clarify that there is a difference between a bill increase and discounts/credits ending. You can always see the latter on your bill and it looks like this:

A bill increase would see your current plan base price go up. Those we notify with at least 30 days notice and it would see the cost of your service to increase.

Either way, you can always send us a message and we will be happy to assist if you are affected by a price increase or by the end of your service agreement with us

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

This was a bill increase. My 2yr contract comes up in Sept 2024. With that in mind, and not liking surprises, I decided to explore my services as they might appear at the end of Sept 2024 if I did nothing! The result would be an almost 90% increase in the cost of my Telus services.

As a preemptive strike I renegotiated with Telus and I now have a new 2 yr contract that meets my needs at a more reasonable price.

The moral of the story, look into and consider re-negotiating your contract at the 23rd month AND, if your a long-time Telus user, demand to speak to someone in their "Customer Loyalty Program" or whatever it is called. It was worth the +2hrs on the phone.

Carefully read the new 41 page agreement! Especially, page 2, the early termination Fees. In my case the internet fee is $360, decreasing $15/month. That's reasonable! The Smart Home Security, however, at $1,260 decreases at $10/month, is insane. Needless to say when Smart Home Security expires in 2025 I will not be renewing!

Thanks to all who have responded.