cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't they swap plans on two numbers on the same account?

Taliesyn
Helpful Neighbour

I have four phone numbers on my account.  The fourth one got a great plan.  But that person doesn't need the capabilities of that plan.  But I cannot swap the plans between two numbers.  They only offer me upgrading the number that COULD use those features, but for $15/month MORE than the original number.  And they can downgrade the fourth number's plan, but to a plan that costs more than the plan I had one the first number.  Plus they charge $15 per line to do the plan change.  So I end up paying $30 up front, then an additional $30/month to get the same overall service.  If one wasn't used for my business, I would just swap SIMs and phone numbers with my kid.  I'm calling Bell.

4 REPLIES 4

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Swapping lines on an account does have limitations, especially if one or more of them have a special or expired plan (as switches need to be into current in-market plans). It also depends on the contract details as well. Hopefully our Mobility team gave you all the options to consider!

Taliesyn
Helpful Neighbour

The Mobility team was less than helpful.  They said not only could they not do it, they could only offer to switch some plans around such that I would end up paying more but getting only the same or worse services.  Then they put me through to "Loyalty", who made me a slightly better offer, but I couldn't waste more time on the call - and asked them to send me an email with the details.  But they didn't.  They sent me an email with a teaser of info and said call back.

When I did, Mobility told me Loyalty was closed for the day.  Then they said they would transfer me to another group that could help.  Which turned out to be Loyalty, where I just got the message they were closed for the day.  Customer Service is awful.  Reaching out to Entwistle now.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

We can always escalate your case to have someone call you back if you'd like. You can send us a message over at our Twitter or Facebook pages so we can verify your account (for security purposes) and arrange a callback from our escalation team. I'll also send you a PM to discuss.

Taliesyn
Helpful Neighbour

Don't use Twitter or Facebook.  Thus useless.  Why doesn't Telus have a secure messaging system?