cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported 10 hours ago - not able to send or receive SMS - no error message

juanr
Neighbour

Ported 10 hours ago - not able to send or receive SMS - no error message

Tried Sim card in several devices - same result.

Telus 24/7 support phone is just a robot that tells me they are closed... seriously unhappy with lack of support.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

juanr
Neighbour

Porting was done correctly on my end.

I contacted the porting team later that night - apparently "tech support" and "porting support" are different options in the phone menu...  The issue was that I had no "profile" for RCS [which I had used before on that number] - so messaged to/from my number were going into a black hole.

Porting tech support had me turn off device - they "created a profile" and I turned device on again. Presto - texting now works.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hey @juanr how did you port? Did you reply to the port text message from your previous provider?

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

juanr
Neighbour

Porting was done correctly on my end.

I contacted the porting team later that night - apparently "tech support" and "porting support" are different options in the phone menu...  The issue was that I had no "profile" for RCS [which I had used before on that number] - so messaged to/from my number were going into a black hole.

Porting tech support had me turn off device - they "created a profile" and I turned device on again. Presto - texting now works.

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Oh glad to hear that your issue was resolved!

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.