cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy Roam

starchoice
Ambassador

Why won't Telus allow this to be added to any postpaid plan? They say my plan is not eligible. Doesn't make sense. I see the option to add it on my phone but somehow it's disabled because it generates an error message. I know that physically it can be added because at one point, when I called, I reached a very knowledgeable agent who added it only for my trip dates. Telus, for some reason, just seems to choose to be less convenient. 

6 REPLIES 6

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Is it possible EasyRoam is already active on your account? Since it is only triggered when you are travelling and connected to a partner network, there is no need to remove it between trips.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

No, I checked my account and it is definitely disabled. When I called today on an unrelated matter, I was told again that EasyRoam is not compatible with my plan. I know that this is really just a ruse to get you to upgrade your plan since they were able to activate it for a specific timeframe when I called about it previously.

xray
Hero

There seems to be an intermittent server error for managing Easy Roam.

EasyRoamError.png

I tried it again later and it worked

EasyRoamSuccess.png

I've been trying for a long time. Your error message is a bit different than mine. Telus definitely does not want to add this to my plan.

IMG_4698.jpgIMG_4699.PNG

What plan do you have? It works on all 4 of my plans.

It's an EPP (Employee Purchase Plan). I've had it for quite a while. My wife has had a Virgin plan just as long and she has no issue with adding the equivalent service (Roam Sweet Roam). I don't buy this "not compatible" business because as mentioned, they actually added it for a defined period a while back. Seems like it would be much easier just to add it on a blanket basis.