cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

being charged for texts i never sent

Davyseal
Friendly Neighbour
Have an iPhone and my billing came out with $100 in international texts I never made, 2 of them were made while on a plane with phone in airplane mode. there are no texts on my phone for these 2 US numbers and so far telus has been no help. I see there are a lot of posts like this on the telus forum and on there forums too. no weird apps installed that could have done this, not sure what is going on
2 REPLIES 2

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hmm, that's definitely odd for sure. Sorry about that. There are a number of factors in play here, such as were they regular SMS text messages or iMessages, and so on. We can definitely look into it for you. Feel free to reach out to us over at our Twitter page or send us a private message at our Facebook page so we can verify your account info to investigate further!

Davyseal
Friendly Neighbour
Thank you for the reply, i was able to get a manager on the phone and they have started an investigation. They are SMS messages all to the same number, over 270, at one point on the clock there were 95 messages back and forth in under a minute. We found them in the trash and were about to recover them and the ios upgrade took over and now there is nothing. it looks like they were instantly deleted as soon as they were sent and received. We called the number but it went to message and the mailbox was full. Very strange, I saw 4 others with the same issue on these forums and a quick Google search has shown this is not an isolated incident. If this is some malicious, I wonder what the point us??