cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Door to door rep scammed me

Pockyy08
Neighbour

I just got signed up by a representative named “Michael” (I don’t even know if that’s his real name) in Brampton, ON last night at 9pm? He was going door to door apparently and he knew I was in a rush to go somewhere but what can I do as I wanted to change services for my Internet and phone. 

He offered me a bundle of $134/mo for my phone for 200GB of data + 1000min of long distance call and text, and internet and as well as said that activation fees were waived for both (I haven’t seen the bill yet but let’s see). I still had credit with Rogers and he said that he would give me a credit to pay Rogers off but I am a bit skeptical. He also offered that these plans were both no contract and can cancel anytime. I see my account the day of to see that my Internet will be $110/mo with a 2yr contract and my phone to be $80/mo with 150GB and no add on whatsoever!!! This brings my total to $190 without tax yet! I messaged Telus through the app and all the representatives are saying that “they apologize for the misinformation and inconvenience” but my plans were both $190/mo on a 24mo contract. SCAM!

He said that there was a recording of our conversation when he called me from his Telus iPad and he even asked to take a photo w me so that’s really awkward??? I wanted to upgrade my phone with Telus but how can I now when he offered me $45/mo on my phone bill but it’s actually $80!! Who can afford this much? Telus why?? Why do you do this to your customers!

3 REPLIES 3

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Definitely not the experience we want our customers to have. We'll send you a private message to discuss further.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

I had the same experience last week - can't believe i switched from Bell  

We are sorry that happened. Can you send us a private message with the details?

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.