cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd defective device

Rose82
Neighbour

Recieved a pixel 8 as an upgrade on my account. First device had a strip of dead pixels on the screen so I exchanged it. 

The 2nd device arrived and the camera doesn't auto-focus reliably. Sometimes not at all. 

All troubleshooting as identified it as a hardware issue. 

I attempted another exchange and the Telus rep stated that only 1 exchange is allowed and I would need to return the device.

Which of course I would return it. Who would pay full MSRP on a defective device. 

Is this information accurate. I saw nothing in the return and warranty information about only 1 exchange. 

I'm well within my return period. Is this really the policy? 

1 REPLY 1

Syaoran
All-Star

Have you considered filing an RMA with Google to see if they will fix the issue, if it is hardware related?  This wouldn't be the first time I have heard of defective OIS issues with the Pixel 8 series.  

Some stores do not have the inventory to take multiple returns.  Have you tried a different Telus Store?  It is possible that the person you are explaining the issue does think the issue isn't enough of an issue to offer a replacement for.  I had a similar issue back when the LG V30's were new and there was a batch of them that had major screen uniformity issues to the point where the top half of the screens were so bright, they were blooming where the bottom half was almost barely visible in the highest brightness setting.