cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rate increase 2021

leolion9
Just Moved In

My monthly rate increased even though I am on a 2 year plan. The increase should be applied after my contract expires. Right?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Probably best to talk to Telus. I did find this:

Starting with your July 2021 bill, the monthly rate for Internet plans will increase.

The regular rate for the TELUS Internet 1.5 Gigabit plan will increase by $10 per month. The regular rate for all other Internet plans will increase by $5 per month.

If you are in a 24-month term, your price is guaranteed and the increase will not apply until the first bill after your term expires.

Source Internet service and rate updates | TELUS Support

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

It would depend on which contract you're on. Many do allow for price increases. The only ones that don't, should have it spelled out clearly. Some plans on a contract advertise a discounted rate for the first 6 or 12 months of the contract before changing to regular rates for the remainder of the term. 

If in doubt as to the exact contract you are on, I'd suggest calling Telus to discuss it.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Probably best to talk to Telus. I did find this:

Starting with your July 2021 bill, the monthly rate for Internet plans will increase.

The regular rate for the TELUS Internet 1.5 Gigabit plan will increase by $10 per month. The regular rate for all other Internet plans will increase by $5 per month.

If you are in a 24-month term, your price is guaranteed and the increase will not apply until the first bill after your term expires.

Source Internet service and rate updates | TELUS Support

Just a long time customer hoping to help.