cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unfair Charges for Internet Plan Cancellation

Sha5299
Neighbour

I've been a Telus customer for Home internet for over 20 yrs. Over the years they've changed the pricing several times and we've called in to cancel, switch providers at which time they would offer to reduce the rate to keep our business.

Now we are moving out of province and they want to charge cancel fees of several hundred. We never signed any agreement stipulating cancel fees, and each time their retention dept prevented our moving they added some slight increase, but never specified cancel fees would be attached and we never signed any new agreement.

This is not how a long time customer should be treated. Getting no support from calls, etc.

2 REPLIES 2

SelmaCey84
Neighbour

This is what they have done to me. When you call and ask for promotional offers on the phone, they automatically sign you up for a contract which they dont tell you ever on the phone. What a poor service TELUS. I cant wait to cancel my services with them when the contract is up. 

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hey @Sha5299 - we can try to help if you could please send us a private message

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.