cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outside Security Camera

kmtac
Neighbour

I’ve found it incredibly frustrating trying to leave a Google review for Telus, but I feel it’s important to share my experience.

In April 2022, my husband signed a 3-year contract for Telus Home Security at a promotional rate of $15 per month. Unfortunately, the camera we received never worked despite our efforts and additional expenses on an internet booster. After two weeks of unsuccessful attempts, we returned the camera.

When my husband contacted the salesperson about our issues, he was told that the contract was binding and that Telus could come out to install the camera for an additional cost. We chose to absorb the loss and continued paying the $15 monthly fee for over two years without any service.

To add insult to injury, Telus recently increased our plan from $15 to $18 per month without any prior notice. This raises the question: what happened to honoring the original contract? While I’m expected to abide by the terms, Telus clearly feels it can disregard them.

Their proposed solution? Offer us another camera under a new promotion for $13 per month. This is infuriating—Telus failed to uphold the initial contract, refuses to revert the price back to the agreed $15, and now expects us to sign a new contract.

Due to this poor customer service and the unexpected price increase, I’ll be canceling my Telus cellular plan, which ends on October 11, 2024, and moving my business to a different carrier.

In the end, Telus’s decision to increase the home security fee by just $3 per month is costing them far more in lost cellular business. It’s a clear case of a poorly considered business move. I hope this review helps others consider their options carefully.

1 REPLY 1

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Appreciate the feedback. If there's anything you'd ever like to discuss, feel free to send us a private message here and we'll be around.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.