telus1203
Organizer

how do i change  WAN/Internet ipv4 address to something else  either on

NH20A or FXA5000 fiber modem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

It's dynamically assigned and typically renews for quite some time. I'm on fibre and have had the same IP for almost a year now. Is there a reason you need to change the IP address? Was your current IP banned from some website or game?

Only possible way is to leave the gateway completely unplugged so it misses renewing the DHCP lease. Even then there is no guarantee you'll get a new IP. You may even have to leave it unplugged for a day or two.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

It's dynamically assigned and typically renews for quite some time. I'm on fibre and have had the same IP for almost a year now. Is there a reason you need to change the IP address? Was your current IP banned from some website or game?

Only possible way is to leave the gateway completely unplugged so it misses renewing the DHCP lease. Even then there is no guarantee you'll get a new IP. You may even have to leave it unplugged for a day or two.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂