cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi connection issues is it a apple thing

Frustratedtelus
Just Moved In
Ever since we moved to kamloops we have had nothing but issues with wifi. The modem is connected in the living are where we spend most of our time. We only use it on our cell phones and streaming Netflix On the tv . We have two iPhone 8 connected and the MacBook that rarely gets used. Usually we are right in from of the modem but we always have issues. It will say connected but just doesn’t work. Slows right down loading or just stops all together. If we turn wifi off and run off our cellular data it works again just fine. I’ve spent hours on the phone with telus, three technicians have come out and we have changed the modem twice yet the problem is still there. Any ideas before I cancel? I wonder if it’s specific to apple devices? I don’t seem to have issues elsewhere though.
2 REPLIES 2

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Other than: "it slows right down", can you provide a little more detail as to what you are experiencing?

We have no issues with our iOS devices.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

xray
Hero
How are you concluding that you are still connected when you say it "just doesn't work"?

If you suspect an issue with your iPhones can you test the WiFi with a different device?

Can you confirm the issue is with the WiFi and not your Internet connection? They are not there same thing.