cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very strange connection problems - using PureFiber

Franco
Just Moved In

Hi all,

I am having this very strange internet connection problems as I am using the PureFiber service. 

1. I am okay to connect to most websites except websites in China. Especially those banking websites in China, I am unable to log on, for example:

www.boc.cn    (bank of China)    www.icbc.com.cn  (commerce bank of China).

2. Also I was previously using a software which connects me to the Chinese stock market, however, after I switched to PureFiber service the software is telling me I am unable to connect to the stock market due to "Connection Lost"

I have called Telus a thousand times and the technician who helped me over the phone checked everything and seemed okay, since I was able to connect to most of the websites, he said there is nothing he could do and declined to send a technician to my house and check the situation.

Any kind of help would be much appreciated from you guys, it's extremely inconvenient for me now to access those websites outside of my house. 

Thank you for everyone's suggestion or solution on similar situations!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You may benefit from the use of a VPN to access those sites. A VPN should get around the barriers you are seeing.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You may benefit from the use of a VPN to access those sites. A VPN should get around the barriers you are seeing.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Would you be able to recommend an usable VPN for those websites? Thanks
How could I setup a VPN please?

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The vast majority of VPN services are not free. I've never tried connecting to sites in China so I can't say for sure which service would work best for you. You may have to check online for those who have had similar issues accessing Chinese sites.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

xray
Hero

To test whether a VPN will help try these options:

- install Speedtest and try the free VPN that's included.

- intall Opera browser which has a free VPN.

Not all VPNs are the same and the blocking you see may depend on where the VPN servers are.