cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TELUS cancelling copper but will not install fibre

Mlm995
Just Moved In
I live in a townhouse complex that has just got fibre installed to the main phone closet. I need to get fibre installed to my unit. However, I cannot use the online appointment booking system for some reason; the webpage errors out and tells me to phone TELUS. When I phone TELUS,they give me a scheduled appointment but the technician never shows up even after waiting 4 hours after scheduled time. When I phone customer service, they say there was an ‘error’ on their end that prevented the appointment from being scheduled properly and this time it will work… This has happened twice. I am going to lose my landline in a few weeks as TELUS disables copper but it appears they have no interest in upgrading my home line. What should I do? Does TELUS really want me to switch to a cable phone? Are they just incompetent?

By the way, the phone call at 3:30pm in the afternoon on my home phone the day before the appointment, asking me to confirm the appointment when I am at work with no call back number is a really useless addition to this process. I have already confirmed the appointment. I answer the reminder phone call on the day of the appointment so they know I am home then. Does TELUS expect me to take a week off waiting by the phone continuously to take their calls?

2 REPLIES 2

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mlm995 I'm going to send a PM your way to gather more info. Please keep an eye out 🙂

Mlm995
Just Moved In
Your reply requested a posting on Facebook, instagram, or X (twitter). I do not use any of those services. TELUS missed a third appointment with no callback or request to reschedule. How about a system that when a customer phones your customer service department with a concern three times, the concern gets handled? That would be an acceptable solution.