cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotary Dial Phone

RotaryDialer
Just Moved In

I have a 1970's Palco made in Canada black rotary dial phone with 6 wires coming out of the original black cord: black blue red green yellow and white.  Does anyone know how to connect/convert this so I can use it with a modern telephone jack in the wall?

3 REPLIES 3

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Unless you have your phone line on copper (not fibre) you can’t successfully connect a rotary phone. Usually, a rotary phone used the red and green wires, which were the centre 2 pins on the phone jack.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Many thanks for your response, I hope to connect it to an xlink x-bt2, which has a telephone jack and connects through to my cell phone. Another newer pre-wired landline phone we have, with a 2-wire phone jack, does operate with the xlink, but we had hoped to be able to connect to the antique rotary dial model.

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

You would need to connect a RJ11 plug to the end of the cable to get it to plug into the X-BT2. I did see the X-BT2 does advertise that it would work with older rotary phones so it may work if you can get the cable connected to it.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂