cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS Telus offering a 40% loyalty discount?

rbtcpa
Just Moved In

I just received a phone call from someone claiming to be a Telus representative. They thanked me for being a loyal customer who always paid his bill on time. As a reward for being a loyal Telus customer I was to receive a 40% discount for 2 years. They further asked if I was Telus Mobility customer as well. When I said no, they asked which company I had a Cell phone with. I told them and they said that Telus had an agreement with that company and they could offer me a 20% discount on my cell phone bill. At this point, I became suspicious. They passed me on to their supervisor who needed to confirm the transaction. When he asked for my birthdate, I said you do not need to know that and hung up. I do believe it was a scam but it sounded so legit.   

7 REPLIES 7

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

That 100% sounds like a scam.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

That does not sound legitimate and you did the right thing. Unfortunately there are many of these scams, and by all means do check in with us here to verify the authenticity of any calls you may receive!

Yanne
Neighbour

certain address do have discount (25-40%) if you have 2+ telus services. You can always call telus yourself to check. 

Yes, discounts may be offered to certain customers if you ask but I doubt TELUS would cold call people to offer them.

Frisbee4
Just Moved In

Definitely a scam. I've been with Telus for 23 years and have never been offered anything for my long-term loyalty. I'm gone when this contract is up! 

We're sorry to hear that you're feeling this way. We value all of our long-term customers and strive to provide the best service possible. If you'd like, we can review your account to see if there are any loyalty offers or benefits that you may not be aware of. Please send us a private message, and we’ll be happy to assist you further.

pamm
Just Moved In
I have just fallen for this. Last night. On what appeared to be a legitimate call from Telus with a TELUS banner displayed.
Having spent the last hour+ trying to allay OR confirm my suspicions due to many emails from them today, I came across this note. I will call Telus offices tomorrow to check, but I must comment on the winding road approach it took to be able to confirm OR deny that there were any current scams even happening.
Maybe it's just me, so thanks for the vent 😞