cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Calls That Get Past Call Control But Don't Show Up in the Call Log.

CAMERC
Organizer

I have Call Control turned on for my landline. It's blocking occasional spam calls according to the call log. Recently, though, I have had a few unrecognized calls get through (that I did not pick up) that do not show up in the Call Control log after they occur - even though Call Control is on. Today's instance for example was from 1-403-620-9884 according to my phone's display (there was no message left) and there was no entry of any sort in the call log matching the time the call occurred. Any ideas as to what is going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey all, I just wanted to report our engineers and partners were able to trace the root of the issue and it is now patched. Thank you all so much for flagging this to us. 

Please don't hesitate to post here if anything else comes up!

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I've noticed my landline too recently has had spotty Call Control on it. It's intermittently letting through robocalls that previously were blocked many times, and the call history was not updating. I turned Call Control off and on and it seems to be working better currently.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Thanks for the suggestion. I have flipped Call Control off and back on and will update this post if the problem subsequently re-occurs.

CAMERC
Organizer

It was quite till today when I got two such unrecognized unlogged calls again unfortunately...

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I had one sneak through last night on my landline also.

@dru Any ideas?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

There isn't anything new that I'm aware of but I've flagged it to our tech team for review. I've also sent @CAMERC a private message to collect some info so that our team can trace the behaviour to see what, exactly, is happening. 

kcrocks
Friendly Neighbour

I just received a spam robocall that seems to have bypassed the Control call features. I checked my Control Call Log and it does not show the calls were made. There was nothing in the log.  Someone rang me yesterday pretending to be from Telus and that call did not show up in the log as well.  Have spammers and scammers figured way around the Call Control features now? 

Anyone else had this experience?  I rang to report this, but I am not sure if it was clear to the Telus agent that I am reporting a possible security breach, 

kcrocks
Friendly Neighbour

Calls made to my number that is not showing the Call Control Log.

• 15145402750514-540-2750 at 9.36am - 21 June (Scam Call - Robocall)
  • V62013390300005 at 10.39am - 20 June (Fake Telus agent - Live person) 

These calls do not show up in the Call Control Log, when I rang TELUS Support (Care/Tech), the persons I spoke to could not see it in their logs too.  

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kcrocks We're looking to collect examples. I sent a private message your way so please keep an eye out for it 🙂

kcrocks
Friendly Neighbour

I just got off the phone with another lady from Telus Care Support, she says she will report my ticket to the Incident management Board (where outages are reported internally).  It will have all the details. 

My understanding is that it could be up to 48 hours before calls are reflected in the logs.  I will check in the next few days. 

I will also try the other suggestion which is to turn Call Control "Off" and then back "On" using *99". This could hopefully reset it to work properly. 

Thanks for your input. As to the call control logs not immediately updating, the problem call I originally flagged as an issue here about a week ago is still not showing up in my C C log.

kcrocks
Friendly Neighbour

I just received another Robocall today that slipped through without logs appearing in Call Control.  

The Scam call I received more than 48 hours ago has NOT appeared in the call logs yet. 

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Out of curiousity, are your phones going through fibre or copper lines? Mine are on fibre.

Telus fibre is installed throughout my apartment building.

kcrocks
Friendly Neighbour

PureFibre Gigabit Internet for our Home Internet.  Home Landline more than likely on same. 

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

Just an update: I've taken the call details you've provided me via Private Message and flagged it to our support team. Thanks to you, they've identified a possible issue and will be working with our vendor to patch it. Thank you so much for bringing it to our attention 🙂

Attn: @CAMERC @kcrocks @Nighthawk 

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey all, I just wanted to report our engineers and partners were able to trace the root of the issue and it is now patched. Thank you all so much for flagging this to us. 

Please don't hesitate to post here if anything else comes up!

jangal
Just Moved In

Nope. It's still happening. I get a robo-call that is not listed on my Call Control even after 2 to 3 days.

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

From what you can tell, are other callers getting blocked?

jangal
Just Moved In

Yes other calls are getting blocked. My home phone records the number and the time of call, but the number doesn't show up in my Call Control log. I'm not talking about just one number.