cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extortion of money

yuribulaev
Just Moved In

I am a loyal customer of TELUS since 2012 at both TELUS Mobility and Home Internet services.

Last year I had a telephone call from one of TELUS agents. She kindly offered me the installation of a Home security camera with no additional cost to me. I hesitated, but the agent insisted: not a single penny will be requested from me. I agreed. I never used and didn’t unpacked the camera that came in the mail.

This year, in June 2024, my TELUS Home Internet service agreement came to an end. My TELUS Mobile data are sufficient to me, so I called TELUS and asked not to continue my Home Internet agreement. They promised to cancel it and I duly returned both the router and the security camera. Now I am receiving a bill of $887 for a pro-rated amount related to the early termination of the Security Services.

I feel that I was ill-informed by TELUS agents, since none of them explained the implementations of receiving the "free" security camera by me. I always had and am still having a high respect of TELUS. However, this way of promotion of services certainly looks as an extortion of money from costumers. The amount of $887.27 is exceeding my monthly CPP income and is about to ruin my financial sustainability.

2 REPLIES 2

TELUS_Support
Community Manager
Community Manager

That doesn't sound right. We'll send you a private message to discuss further, thanks.

Dear Sir/Madam. Thank you for the attention to this claim. However, the amount of $887.27 has already been posted to my credit card account. I asked my bank not to proceed with this transaction waiting for the resolution of the dispute.