cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternation Telus Guy grip/wire for my back yard power post.

s_han
Just Moved In

Hello, I'm planning to rebuild my property, while designing for a new garage and possible lane way home. I notice there is a Telus guy wire supporting the BC hydro power post. I talked to bc hydro, they said it belongs to Telus.

The guy wire is blocking almost half of my back yard. its really making a hard time for the designing process.

I would greatly appreciate if someone could help me on which number should i call?

1 REPLY 1

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus owns exceedingly few poles. Does the pole have any BC Hydro lines on it? If yes, then Hydro will have to be involved. Depending on which town or city you are in there may be additional rules, requirements and permits needed. There's also a fair chance the pole isn't even on your property.

If it's a Telus pole and there's no Hydro on it at all, a Telus tech would have to come out to do a survey of the infrastructure. You could call phone repair at 1-888-811-2323 to request a tech come out to determine if it's a Telus pole and what the next steps are. You may also want to be in touch with your city / town to see what their requirements are for you to rebuild in the way you are planning to.

Either way, it is likely not going to be a quick process, if that guy wire can be relocated.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂