cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer service informed me that there's nothing they can do

TommyTopBlok
Neighbour
Moving services, was informed fibre optics was available at new location.

A month later they realized it was an error.

I didn't renew my lease, to find cheaper office. Where I don't have access to internet to continue working.

I trusted Telus.

Now my only option is to continue paying for fibre and take on another plan.

Where I will end up paying 200$ for basic internet.

They refused to downgrade my current plan.

They refused to give me timeline on when fibre will be available.

They refuse to void the contract.

It should be illegal to force someone to pay for a service in which they cannot provide. When other alternatives are readily available.

I have no problem paying the current rate for downgraded internet.

I have no problem waiting a year, for fibre installation.

My problem is they refuse to help me, my only option is to pay for a service that is not available.

I made a horrible mistake in trusting the customer service representative that told me it's possible.

I'm willing to setup anyone up with my fibre optic plan for 60$ a month to help offset the cost.

Since it's the only way to get any use out of it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Gotcha. We can definitely escalate this to the Business team and have someone reach out to you. We unfortunately can't take your account info for privacy reasons here over the community platform. Instead, if you reach out to us over at our Twitter or Facebook pages, we can verify your account that way to gather the info for the callback. To expedite things, if you do...then just reply to this message with the username/handle the message came in from so I can track it down!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello! To clarify, is this regarding your business account or for personal/residential service? Just wanted to be sure as this is posted in the residential board. If it is for a business, timelines are often not available as the process is pretty complex (TELUS needs property management sign off, legal documentation, city approval, etc.) but would just like to know more. Thanks!

TommyTopBlok
Neighbour

Business account, moving service to a residential home office. 

Gotcha. We can definitely escalate this to the Business team and have someone reach out to you. We unfortunately can't take your account info for privacy reasons here over the community platform. Instead, if you reach out to us over at our Twitter or Facebook pages, we can verify your account that way to gather the info for the callback. To expedite things, if you do...then just reply to this message with the username/handle the message came in from so I can track it down!

An Operations Team Manager has reached out, Have a good day.

Great, thanks for the heads up! Really appreciate your patience.