cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to 2nd IP from 1st IP

jamesd
Just Moved In

Hi all.  

I've got an older T3200M modem with port 1 running bridge.  I run port 1 to a seperate router and run a segregated network from there for my LAN and main Wifi.  On the T3200M it is running only dedicated WiFi for Optik TV and the PVR and some security devices I run redundantly.

I've got public IP A for my main network and public IP B for the T3200M Optik Wifi network.

The issue comes when I want to make a configuration change on network B.  Right now I just physically swap a cord or connect with wifi to the T3200M AP, but I'm wondering two things:

1) I know you we can't use NAT loopback, but can you route back to different IP but from the same layer 2 space?

and

2) Can a T3200M be setup to allow connection to the web configuration from other networks in any way?  I assume there is a default firewall rule by default to not allow this, but wasn't sure if it could be overridden somehow that I can't see.  I'd love to be able to connect to the device from my other network somehow, but can see how this might not be possible.

I know just enough about networking to not know my next step at this point.  Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

.James

0 REPLIES 0