cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect GE Smart Plugs 2.4ghz to Wi-fi smart hub

JKB
Just Moved In

Hello, I have the Fibre optics wi-if smart hub and I cannot connect a GE smart plug because it says I don’t have a 2,4ghz. I see lots of fixes for the older version of the modems but not mine? I have the Arcadyan Telus Wi-fi Hub? Any help would be greatly appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You should be able to turn Smart Steering off through the web interface. Access it at 192.168.1.254, and the password on the device. This will create 2 SSID, one for each band. You should then be able to add your devices to your network.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You should be able to turn Smart Steering off through the web interface. Access it at 192.168.1.254, and the password on the device. This will create 2 SSID, one for each band. You should then be able to add your devices to your network.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

JKB
Just Moved In

Thanks for your help, I tried this and I get to a Telus page asking for user name and password and none of them work where would I find this?

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

As long as they haven't been changed, they should be located on a sticker on the side of the Telus Wifi hub.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂