cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arcadyan device received without warning

nlmclean1
Just Moved In

Received an Arcadyan AX central WIFI device.  We did not order it.  There was no warning from telus that it was coming.  I called about it.  The rep did not know anything about it.  Nothing is noted on my account.  She "guessed" that I could just install it and ship beck the old one.

Three questions:

What do I do with this?

Am I going to get a surprise on my bill because of this?

Why is it impossible to simply send an email to telus asking about this issue, forcing me to go to a public forum instead?

Thank you

Please contact me directly, don't reply on this forum.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

That sounds like one of the new Wifi 6 Boost units. I have one and it's very useful if you have a faster fibre connection.

As for your questions, since this is a public form and the vast majority of us are just Telus customers also, I can only answer your first question.

What do I do with this?

Use it. It will give you much faster wi-fi than the Telus routers, if you have devices that support Wi-fi 6. You can find installation instructions here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqZu8-Wq7OU. If you don't have a "network hub" as shown in the video but instead have the T3200 or the Arcadyan Telus Home Wi-Fi Hub, just plug it in to one of the LAN ports numbered 1-4. You can also plug it in to a network swtich if you have one elsewhere in your house if that switch is connected to the router.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

That sounds like one of the new Wifi 6 Boost units. I have one and it's very useful if you have a faster fibre connection.

As for your questions, since this is a public form and the vast majority of us are just Telus customers also, I can only answer your first question.

What do I do with this?

Use it. It will give you much faster wi-fi than the Telus routers, if you have devices that support Wi-fi 6. You can find installation instructions here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqZu8-Wq7OU. If you don't have a "network hub" as shown in the video but instead have the T3200 or the Arcadyan Telus Home Wi-Fi Hub, just plug it in to one of the LAN ports numbered 1-4. You can also plug it in to a network swtich if you have one elsewhere in your house if that switch is connected to the router.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂