cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding wifi booster

Arunpmpo9
Neighbour
Hi I am trying to add a wifi booster to my network. When I hit add wifi booster from the app I keep getting a message that says " You need to be on your home wifi and enter admin password to proceed. Please ensure that you are connected to your wifi and reopen the app to try again ". I am indeed on my home wifi and it still keep showing the same message even after re installing the app. Please help.
6 REPLIES 6

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Have you tried the 'Forget this network' method, and then rejoining your Wi-Fi network?

Yes, I even uninstalled the app and downloaded a new one. Still getting the same error.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Gotcha. If the steps listed out yesterday by @NFtoBC don't do the trick, your best bet may be to reach out to our Tech Support team at 1-888-811-2323 so they can troubleshoot further from their end.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You may be able to enter the Boost Webmin interface by finding its IP address in the admin page of your router. Once you have the IP address, use the credentials on the individual boost unit to login.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Could you please elaborate on the steps.? I have logged into the admin page and I see booster status as connected. I am just not able to add boosters in Telus connect app

Arunpmpo9_0-1687383317586.png

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I've always done this from my computer browser.

Login to your router at 192.168.1.254. 

Select the Connected devices Tab.

Find a line Boost2-0-a640 (this is the Wi-Fi 6 device) or similar and record the IP address.

Enter this IP address into your browser and use the credentials  on the Boost device to login to the web admin page. From there you should be able to find the IP addresses of any further devices, and access their individual web min pages.

It has been a long time since I did this, and am uncertain if it will work with more recent units.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"