cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding another extension of Wifi ?

waynert
Just Moved In

We currently have full Telus fibre service including T3200m modem/router and WEB6000Q ('wifi plus' extender) to another part of our long rancher.  Works well, especially with Smartsteering feature.

But we are unable to receive wifi in the more remote areas of our large yard.

I am thinking of adding and adapting an older D-link router (n150) as a second extender/repeater via powerline adapters to a shed location so I can access my tablet via wifi in the back of our garden area.

Can someone please tell me if this is possible (with the WEB6000Q in the mix) and perhaps explain how I can properly set this up?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello! While it's nothing that we'd directly support, you could always look into adding a 3rd party mesh product to your network to boost the reach. Alternatively, perhaps try moving your setup around to different spots to try to optimize the signal as well.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You could add Telus Wi-Fi plus (formerly Boost mesh Wi-Fi) in your shed. It could be connected by Ethernet or Wi-Fi to your in-house network.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

I've used a powerline wifi extender in a similar configuration and it works quite well. You simply need to plug the base powerline adaptor near your router and connect it to it with an ethernet cable. Pair the wifi powerline adapter with the base unit and then plug it in near your dead spot and you should be good to go. Note that speeds will vary dependig on your electrical wiring.l

Just a long time customer hoping to help.