cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bullied by telus, what do i do.

Sumir
Just Moved In

@TELUSsupport As a loyal customer for over 5 years, I’m appalled by the ongoing issues I’ve faced with your service. In 2022, an add-on service was activated without my knowledge, resulting in an invoice of nearly $1000 in arrears. After countless hours on hold and numerous emails, Telus admitted their mistake and we reached a settlement.

Despite paying and supposedly resolving the issue in October 2023, I faced the same problem in November 2023. After being assured it was finally fixed, I thought I could start 2024 on a good note. Now, after 7 months of no trouble, my services have been suspended again due to a supposed outstanding balance. My phone and internet are disconnected despite everything being resolved.

Every time I contact support, I have to re-explain the entire situation to a new person. Today, I was told it will take 24 to 48 hours to investigate, leaving me without essential services in the meantime. This is harassment, and I feel bullied by a company that claims to stand against bullying.

How can such a big company treat its customers this way? This needs to stop.

3 REPLIES 3

TELUS_Support
Community Manager
Community Manager

We sincerely apologize for the ongoing issues and frustration you've experienced with our service. As a long-time loyal customer, your experience does not meet our standards, and we understand the impact this has had on you. Can you please send us a private message we that we can escalate this for you?

Dear Telus Customer Care,

I appricate you reaching out. My deep concern and frustration regarding the recent disconnection of my phone and Internet services.

As a loyal Telus customer for over five years, I have always paid my invoices on time and have no history of default. However, there was a misunderstanding regarding a service activated in 2022, which led to an unexpected invoice with interest in January 2023. After extensive correspondence and discussions, we reached an agreement in October 2023, and I was assured that the issue was settled on Nov 2023 and would not carry forward to 2024. I have the ticket numbers, dates, and the names of the representatives I spoke with to support this.

Despite this resolution, my services were abruptly suspended yesterday, and this is now the second day without phone and Internet connectivity. When I reached out to Telus, I was met with long wait times and repeatedly transferred to different representatives. Although I have been informed that my case is under investigation and I will receive a response within 24 to 48 hours, the suspension of my services during this period is causing significant disruption to my business operations.

Given my impeccable payment history and the extensive efforts already made to resolve this matter, I believe it is only fair that my services be reinstated immediately while the investigation is ongoing. Suspending my services not only penalizes me for an issue that has already been addressed but also exacerbates the situation, causing undue stress and inconvenience.

I kindly request that my phone and Internet services be restored immediately. Once your investigation is complete, we can address any remaining issues. If a resolution cannot be reached, I am prepared to consider alternative service providers, as the current handling of this matter is unacceptable.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this urgent request.

Best regards,

Sumir
[mod edit - private info]

We'll send a private message to discuss further, thanks.