cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero Security- Zero Care for Telus Customers

TelusIsAwful
Neighbour

Hi,

Just want to give a heads up to the awful service and protection ##telus offers its customers. My mother in the last 11 months has became very mentally ill. Went from functioning at her level to being homeless, carless and she had given away everything she had. In fall of 2023, she started purchasing phones for "Friends" on her account, buying them the latest cellphone, paying their bills etc. I had asked Telus to block her from buying new phone, I cancelled account and I wanted to speak to someone who could stop it from happening. I do believe about 7-8 iphones were purchased on her account leaving her with a bill of $10,000+. When I finally did speak to a person, I was told they would report fraud, escalate it, and nothing ever happened. They continued to allow her to purchase more phones, even when she was not paying her bill. They are gross, vile company, that doesn't matter the effect it has on their customers. It would sure be nice to have someone reach out to me before I take this to the media. I mean, we already know they suck, the service sucks and they over charge but treating vulnerable people this way is heartbreaking and disgusting. Want everyone to know this.

2 REPLIES 2

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Did no one in the family ever get a court order in order to become her trustee so that the specified person is able  oversee your mother's affairs? Unless already authorized on her account, Telus wouldn't be able to take any direction from family members without the legal documents confirming who the trustee is. Even then, only the appointed trustee would be able to handle things. That includes cancelling or making changes to the account. Same thing goes for the banks and other services that she may still have.

How was your mother paying the bills of other users? Did they have her credit card number? As far as I can tell from my own account, I don't see any option for me to pay another person's Telus bill. Have you or someone in the family spoken with any of the resources out there regarding elder abuse? If her friend's are convincing your mother to buy them phones, etc., that would qualify. 

I'd be surprised if Telus allowed one person to purchase that many phones under a single account, especially if they have had payment issues.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hi @TelusIsAwful this is a very serious situation and we definitely want to help. We will send you a message to get more details

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.