cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus Home Security is very disappointing

MaggieHarder
Just Moved In

The Telus Home Security system is very disappointing. The system is constantly missing significant movement near the house (family members or couriers returning/leaving) and not recording this. In order to increase what is being recorded we had to make the recording settings very sensitive which means very minor things (like insects) are being recorded and now we have reached our monthly limit and will essentially have no security footage saved for the rest of the month, and no way to correct this! The system is unreliable and essentially useless. Highly disappointed!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rather than crank up sensitivity have you tried going through the different sensitivity settings on a sliding scale and testing to see if there might be a "just right" setting without over-compensating too much? 

View solution in original post

Hi @Ysabella I would recommend checking your SmartHome Security app for the recording rules of your camera as they may need to be changed to make sure that it is recording what you want it to: https://www.telus.com/en/support/article/manage-recording-rules

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rather than crank up sensitivity have you tried going through the different sensitivity settings on a sliding scale and testing to see if there might be a "just right" setting without over-compensating too much? 

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You can also narrow the trigger field to the area(s) of most interest. This should allow better focus and will exclude many issues.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

I've played around with the sensitivity settings and the issue remains - numerous times a day, people approaching or leaving the house are not captured on the camera. The trigger field is focused to only cover the front door. I am also very frustrated that, when the monthly limit on video storage is reached, there is no way to address this - the default should be that the oldest videos are deleted as new ones are added, or allows us to manually delete unnecessary videos.

You can delete useless videos... which are soooo numerous!! I noticed that kotta as well so everyday I go and delete many. Its ridiculous how much this cam catches useless and out of my secured perimeter! 😞  So just go on "saved" video then select those you want out and then delete. The App off course have an issue with this as well 😞  Once you've selected a bunch to be delete and you click to do so instead of going away it will stay with a blank picture... you have to reselect them allllllll over again!!!. If your are lucky the app will wake up and do as asked ! I sometimes have to delete 3/4 time , it just don't want to free space... 

Have you had the chance to speak with our SmartHome team about this?

Ysabella
Neighbour

Same here, and the worst is when I know something/someone suspicious happened or my neighbor says he saw somebody in my yard and I go to the app to watch Nope nothing 😞 it wasn't sensor or what I see on saved vid that looks interesting ( my cat having his food snatched by the dog next door, will cut off just before the right moment/action ... But when it comes to every single car or people passing in the street in front of my house somehow the camera reach this far and doesn't miss a thing, but its set for my balcony and motorcycle but nope this cam hates me!!  This is such a bad app/system its almost a joke!! Or is it a Trojan Horse/fake/disguised security created for ... (CONSPIRACY THEORY ALERT)!!!

Ysabella
Neighbour

Since last week my camera doesn't record/sensor anything after dark ... in the most important time for me since i am at work, I noticed that my last entry/recording always around 7pm. After that Nothing. My neighbor had signal me some issue/sighting and when I went to my camera there is nothing on record... What is wrong ???

Hi @Ysabella I would recommend checking your SmartHome Security app for the recording rules of your camera as they may need to be changed to make sure that it is recording what you want it to: https://www.telus.com/en/support/article/manage-recording-rules

Ysabella
Neighbour

It was working at night before. Also I make sure to delete wasted video everyday ... What's frustrating is that it capture even passer by (car or person) from the street (50 feet away) but if someone walk around my house/balcony it doesn't do much (yes it is in the camera sight) ... And now it stop recording as soon the sun goes down. 😞 

We should have the ability to resolve that issue. Have you spoken with our technical support team about it?