cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Liftmaster Internet Gateway

martsmac
Friendly Neighbour

Hi, 

Recently switched internet providers but still have Telus Home Security. My smart garage door opener is no longer communicating with the app and I think it's because the wifi changed. We plugged the internet gateway into the new modem but it was still not working and I've tried to troubleshoot and did a hard reset of the internet gateway but it's still not working. There is no option for me to remove the device because I was hoping to remove and readd it and see if that works. Any suggestions or is this something tech support has to help with?

10 REPLIES 10

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

If you switched providers you do need to connect the panel to that new Wi-Fi name. Our equipment connects to the panel via Z-wave so please make sure that your panel is connected to Wi-Fi. 

If you are still having issues please send us a message and we will be happy to help!

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

Hi! I'm not totally sure I understand. What are you referring to when you say the panel? And how do I connect that to Wi-fi? Thanks!!

martsmac
Friendly Neighbour

Sorry just to add because not sure if you’re referring to the control panel. But I don’t have one of those, we only have the phone app where we can open/close the garage door normally but not right now since the internet change. 

IMG_8249.png

IMG_8248.png

IMG_8247.png

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You can follow the documentation here.

That’s not true, we’ve been using it solely with the app since we got it 3 years ago. 

Can you confirm that you had a panel somewhere in the house? Usually it's a touch screen device you can type your passcode in to disarm the alarm 

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

No, we only have the Telus SmartHome App. We only have the garage door opener, one camera and the thermostat - not the whole Telus security setup, no control panel. 

There's always the possibility that now your Wi-Fi isn't reaching far enough to your garage? You could always go right near your garage door, disconnect from your Wi-Fi from a device, such as your cellphone, then try to reconnect and see what happens. If you don't have a full solid Wi-Fi connection from there, chances are your door opener won't work either.

Ya I don’t think that’s it because the garage camera is working no problem in there. 

Gotcha. Your best bet then would be to reach out to our SmartHome team for further troubleshooting and/or to discuss having someone dispatched to come take a look in person.