cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Security August 2024 Bill

Mam
Organizer

I called Telus why bill had increased.  Agent said she didn't understand why home security was $5 more with a current contract. She refunded me, and  contacted home security.  I received new bill and still there is $5 increase. How and why can Telus do this?  Please tell me this is a glitch and will be rectified. An agent is scheduled to call tomorrow.

Any other Telus customer have incorrect bill?  Increase? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jbatt1089
Neighbour

Our bill was also $5 more this month, when our agreement shows it should be the same until 2029.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Please let us know of an update once our team reaches out to you!

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

Thank you for your email

I just spent 50mins with agent, then loyalty. They say.

1. Cannot alter the home security increase!
2. They did a reduction on internet to off set the increase.

The offset discount I'll see if it's in effect at the end of the month, as newly received contract does not reflect that.

With regards to home security and in my view not honouring the 5year contract is horrendous. $5 this month. What next?

I cannot cancel? Yet I received no notification of this increase to give options

I'm a very disgruntled long term customer.

Back in March I contacted via phone to cancel home security. I was talked into staying. Why? My equipment is 6 years old. Customer service in this department has diminished drastically.

Thank you for listening as I bend your ear. I fully understand as employees your hands are tied.

Thank you again for replying

We understand your frustration regarding the recent issues with your service. Can you send us a private message? We'd like to see what we can do. 

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

Unsure how to send pm.  I did hear back from loyalty. They cannot do anything to have home security honour the new contract. They did manipulate other bonus' to lower bill, which I'm grateful for. 

I am not pleased with home security and how they do business and would definitely cancel yet too steep a penalty 

In the top right corner next to your round profile pic you'll see a little envelope icon. Click on that, and on the next screen (your Inbox) there's a small purple icon near the middle of the screen. Click on that, enter 'TELUS_Support' in the 'Send to' field, give it a subject like an email and then compose your message and send it off!

Glad to hear our Loyalty team was able to assist, but please do reach out to us if you have further questions or concerns.

TomG
Neighbour

My bill also showed an increase, but only by $3.00. I'm still enquiring as well.

So Telus  not only does not honour contracts and doesn't give equal increases. Lol. 

Jbatt1089
Neighbour

Our bill was also $5 more this month, when our agreement shows it should be the same until 2029.

Same as ours. Contract was till 2029 and up $5. How can they do this?

Westvan1
Friendly Neighbour

Yes, my August bill went up by $3 compared with July.  I am in a 3 year locked in contract.  Eventually a Telus Agent refunded the $3 and also gave a $100 credit against my account at my request, as they had broken the contract.   You much check each bill each month as it is apparent that they are try to increase revenue in breach of contract.   Same thing happened with my Bell Mobility.  In that case I was able to file a complaint with the CRTC.  For home security, you are apparently on your own.  Maybe BBB Canada can intervene if they do not reverse this!

If you continue to experience any issues or have further questions, feel free to send us a private message, and we’ll look into it for you.