cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I earn Badges in (Mr.) Telus Neighborhood?

AndroidR
Coach

Is earning badges on this forum Telus' way of placating loyal customers regarding the plethora of form and function issues related to the TTV+ "still in beta-testing"  platform?

I would prefer "earning" more form and function for my hard earned dollar$ and commitment to another 2-yr Loyalty Plan.

4 REPLIES 4

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

It has nothing to do with placating anyone nor does it have to do with any products or services offered by Telus. Most people don't even know the badges exist. They're a feature built into the forum software itself and not from Telus. It's basic gamification. It's common for forums in general, many apps/games, and some social media platforms. The gamification can show up in different ways. Some just use titles. Some use badges or some other type of achievement or awards. Some do it as user ratings. Some use a combination of multiple things.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

AndroidR
Coach

No explanation necessary. Thanks just the same.

My commentary (phrased in the form of a question) was rhetorical and meant to ruffle Telus' feathers 😉

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Yeah, that kind of question isn't even going to get Telus's attention let alone ruffle feathers. Asking actual questions or seeking assistance with a problem will get more attention than fluff posts.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Easy on the power strokes NightRider. Just injecting some lighthearted humor, whilst making a point with some of these 1st World "Tell'us About It" issues. Savvy 🙃

As part of a 2yr contract commitment with Telus I'm exercising the "I get a say" covenant, in the form of my choosing.