cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus Tv+ doesn't work anymore on any platform for my account

docchizz
Friendly Neighbour

Hello,

I have been with Telus TV from the very beginning in 2010.  Back then it was $10 a month promo for their subscription.  One of the best features that came out was Optik Tv on the go. With this, I could watch live TV on my smartphone when I was away from my home. ( ex. watch canucks game on my phone when I'm having dinner at my parents house that don't subscribe to sports channel) or watch a TV show on my work PC in the background while I'm doing office work.  For the past 2 years Optik TV which is now Telus Tv + no longer works for my account.  When I first contacted support, they tried to say it was my phone.  I uninstalled/reinstalled the app, downloaded the latest software for the app, but it still kept giving me an error code.  I even tried logging into chrome desktop on my new pc at work and still didn't work.  It kept saying I am not subscribed to this channel.  After months of phone calls to the telus support team they finally came up with an answer but not a reasonable solution.  They said because I have a PVR box at home and my subscription is 1st generation telus tv, I am no longer able to watch telus tv+. The current 4th ( or 5th) version of telus tv+ is all cloud based PVR and online access.  That is why the system won't allow me to watch tv on the go and says I am not subscribed to the channel. The solution:  switch to the newer version of telus tv+, meaning get rid of old PVR, get new digital PVR, start paying for cloud based PVR to record my shows,  and then I can utilize telus tv + on the go again.  That's it, this was almost a year ago.  I wonder if Telus has come up with a work around yet?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

That's definitely odd. There are a few 'in home only' channels that have rules in place dictating that you'd have to be at home on your own Wi-Fi (i.e. ABC, FOX, HBO Canada, etc.) but that list is obviously far smaller than the channels that should be available anywhere, including the SportsNet package. Your best bet would probably be to reach out to our Tech Support team so they could investigate this for you. Alternatively, you can send us a private message as well and we can get you in touch with them!

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

I have and older system with a PVR (not 1st generation) and have no issues watching live TV with the Telus TV+ app on my phone. I haven't tried it when I'm away from home but I don't believe there any restrictions if you are accessing the service in Canada. Have you tried the website?

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

docchizz
Friendly Neighbour

I have tried the website on the same computer before when I was able to watch and now that I can't.  I've tried multiple laptops at different locations around my home city and same error.  " you are not subscribed to this channel"  No one in tech support has been able to resolve this. It was that one tech who suggested to me it's because of my account.

did you successfully log in to the app? Occasionally my auto log fails and I have to do a manual user & password.

docchizz
Friendly Neighbour

I have no problems logging in to the app on phone and on pc.

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

We may want our team to look into your account to see why this is happening...we'll send you a private message to discuss further!

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

Hello, 

Please do look into it.

1. I first called Telus support about this over a year ago, no one ever got back to me, I called a few months after the initial call to follow up, and that is when someone said the problem is I need to completely change my subscription to cloud based PVR with additional monthly fees for the that.  ( not a practical solution in my opinion).  After that nobody followed up and I just forgot about it and felt defeated that telus cannot find a solution

2. The olympics  will be starting in a few weeks and it would be nice to watch some live events when I'm not at my home.

3. How soon would I expect a private message? as I said above, I've been told by telus support in the past we will contact you when we find a resolution, and since no one ever followed up I assume there was no fix other what the tech support suggested.............. pay more for newer subscription.

Rocky3
Rockstar

I suspect the platform is ever changing in how it is delivered and your version is being phased out. From 2010? Some with just a few years old hardware are complaining. The current internet cloud based both fibre to the home and to a device via internet is not identical in appearance or use.

docchizz
Friendly Neighbour

Sorry, to clarify, I have been upgrading my box when they tell me to, so it's not the same box from 2010.  I've also upgraded to a optik fibre connection as their system upgraded.  Regardless of the home connection.  I should be able to log in to any computer and/or device and  start watching live TV.  

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

When do you see the error that "you are not subscribed to this channel"? Can you login to the Telus TV website and watch CBC live?

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

docchizz
Friendly Neighbour

I can log in to my account, it even shows what shows I have saved on my pvr. but I can't watch any live TV.

When I click on a channel I get the following message "

403-10146 Your rental has expired or this program is not included in your subscription.  Please repurchase the rental or subscribe to the content by visiting telus.com/mytelus (AB & BC ) or telus.com/montelus ( QC )

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

That's definitely odd. There are a few 'in home only' channels that have rules in place dictating that you'd have to be at home on your own Wi-Fi (i.e. ABC, FOX, HBO Canada, etc.) but that list is obviously far smaller than the channels that should be available anywhere, including the SportsNet package. Your best bet would probably be to reach out to our Tech Support team so they could investigate this for you. Alternatively, you can send us a private message as well and we can get you in touch with them!

There are a few 'in home only' channels that have rules in place dictating that you'd have to be at home on your own Wi-Fi (i.e. ABC, FOX, HBO Canada, etc.) 

What does this mean? I was watching those channels on the laptop when away from home, has something changed?

VPN restrictions prevent watching away from home for any channel. Right now for the past few months CHEK TV (+ more) is being blocked online away from home for no good reason.

This is not the problem.  I have set the filter to either "my subscribed channels" or "playable on my device"  even basic channels like CBC, or CTV give the same message, so it is not an individual channel issue, it is somewhere along the line when the new telus tv + got changed, my subscription is not showing up in your system.  

I HAVE REACHED OUT TO TECH SUPPORT TEAM AND THEY DID NOT HELP AND COULD NOT HELP. IT'S BEEN OVER A YEAR NOW.  RATHER THAN ME SEND YOU A PRIVATE MESSAGE, CAN YOU SUBMIT A TICKET TO TECH SUPPORT MANAGEMENT AND HAVE SOMEONE START A DIAGLOGUE WITH ME TO RESOLVE.  THE LAST 2 TIMES I GOT TECH SUPPORT ON THE PHONE WE WENT THROUGH THE SAME SCRIPT, UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL APP, RESTART PHONE, MAKE SURE APP IS UP TO DATE.  IT IS NONE OF THOSE THINGS.  I AM WRITING IN ALL CAPITALS BECAUSE IT IS EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING.

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

We sent you a private message immediately after posting our last reply.

This is not a solution, it is a cop out

docchizz
Friendly Neighbour

Awesome. Apparently your profile wasn't synced in the system; so it was essentially a reboot of your profile in the channel system to ensure that the channels made available matched what you're subscribed to / billed for. Very sorry for the inconvenience of this, and the time it took to correct the issue.

That is how they fixed it.  

@docchizz 

This is the resolution, not what was reported as resolved.

Apparently your profile wasn't synced in the system; so it was essentially a reboot of your profile in the channel system to ensure that the channels made available matched what you're subscribed to / billed for. Very sorry for the inconvenience of this, and the time it took to correct the issue

Thanks 

Rocky3
Rockstar

Just tried to log in with laptop. First attempt went through but the LOGIN showed I was not logged in click on it several times and cannot log in. 

Kept trying, finally logged in NOT on home network. CHEK now works live even though the house symbol is present.  

July 18th, is today the update? ABC etc also work

docchizz
Friendly Neighbour

Update: Telus support investigated and was able to fix the problem.  Thank you.