cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus TV+ with the Apple TV version 17.2 not working

joewilliamsca
Organizer

I had two of my AppleTV's upgrade to tvOS 17.2 today,  and the Telus TV+ app loads the splash screen and then exits back out to the home screen on the Apple TV.   Has others seen this?   Ive done the usual things. (reboot the AppleTV,  and deleted and downloaded the Telus TV+ app). but I cant get it to work.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @joewilliamsca @pbsfan @LemonMellon @DanielS @Nighthawk

The Apple development team pushed an app update to the Apple App Store early this morning to address the issues with tvOS 17.2. If you go to the App Store, navigate to Purchased and then click on TELUS TV+, you can download the app manually. If you have automatic updates turned on, your Apple TV may have already grabbed the new app, or it may be scheduled to download sometime today. The latest version is 2.6.1 (474). Apple doesn't publicly announce official OS release dates in advance, and we were anticipating it to come later this week; they beat us by a day. Thanks for the patience.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

LoungingLarry
Just Moved In

Same here. Resorted to AirPlay TELUS TV+ from an iPad also on 17.2.

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @joewilliamsca @pbsfan @LemonMellon @DanielS @Nighthawk

The Apple development team pushed an app update to the Apple App Store early this morning to address the issues with tvOS 17.2. If you go to the App Store, navigate to Purchased and then click on TELUS TV+, you can download the app manually. If you have automatic updates turned on, your Apple TV may have already grabbed the new app, or it may be scheduled to download sometime today. The latest version is 2.6.1 (474). Apple doesn't publicly announce official OS release dates in advance, and we were anticipating it to come later this week; they beat us by a day. Thanks for the patience.

gojets25
Friendly Neighbour

updated and was working ok for about 15 minutes until I started receiving Playback error TVPT-10001 mand no longer works when I select a channel

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @gojets25 

We currently have a temporary service disruption caused by a change on of our vendors made. Live and On Demand playback should be restored, but recordings are temporarily unavailable. 

Totally unrelated to tvOS 17.2 and Apple TV app, but coincidental timing.

LemonMellon
Neighbour
Same here

DanielS
Just Moved In
Same here. Seems Telus tv+ app doesn’t work on tvOS 17.2 (or higher) currently. Tried all the usual things to no avail will probably remain broken until the app gets a fix from Telus developers

Yes, I've tried most things too. Reinstalled the telus tv+ app, signed off and on again, rebooted the Apple TV box, set the TV Provider --> Allow TV Provider to Access TELUS TV+) to OFF as suggested in another post. None of it makes a difference. I have Apple TV 4k with the tvos released version 17.2 updated today. It just starts up the telus tv+ splash screen the goes back the Apple tv main Apps screen.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

iOS 17.2 has issues also. I can't even log in. The screen to log in vanishes after a fraction of a second.

@A-B @KHR 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Did not see an update, but suddenly started working this morning!

Still not working for me this morning unfortunately.

All that’s changed is that I appear to be on the final version of 17.2 (no letter after the version number). As I’ve been doing recently, I went into the App Store to see if there was a Telus update yet. (I didn’t notice whether the Telus App had a blue dot signifying it had been updated. Probably not, since I usually notice that.)

When I did the search in the AppleTV App Store, there was no update. I tried the App at that point (probably from inside the Store App where it said “Open”) and amazingly it loaded and I was able to use it. Perhaps if you follow the same sequence….

Noticed this morning that a new update was pushed out to the App Store last night for Telus TV+ and with the update, it addresses my issue on my Apple TV’s

Thanks for the info. There was a telus tv+ app update that came in last night. I went to the Apps store as you suggested and behold there was an update. After the update I has to sign in again, and now it's working fine. Thanks again!