cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optik TV via laptop

Rocky3
Rockstar

Last few days the online version has been buggy. Was working and now will not accept a command to play a show live or recorded. I can record the show I want to watch, it just will not play live or recorded. This is all channels at current time.

When a listing has the cursor on it will display the web address In this case

https://telustvplus.com/#/player/live/?stationID=98&contenttype=LIVE 

but it goes to a black screen. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rocky3
Rockstar

Never mind, problem solved. I was logged in but system did not register that. Logged out and back in and it started working properly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Rocky3
Rockstar

Never mind, problem solved. I was logged in but system did not register that. Logged out and back in and it started working properly.

Rocky3
Rockstar

Adding. The online guide which worked well is getting bugs. Now I get a message I can only watch subscribed channel CHEK on my home device but not online. 

I wanted to watch a movie on a suscribed channel and was asked to pay $5, NOT.

Clicking does not work or works after multiple times trying.

I GUESS IT WAS FIXED UNTIL IT BROKE.

I have to ask, since TelusTV-21T is online at home, why is the guide working differently on a laptop?

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @Rocky3 glad the playback issue was resolved on its own. 

Were you at home when you tried to watch CHEK on your laptop?

The reason I ask is because you need to be on a TELUS internet connection to access all channels. Some content providers have in-home vs. out-of-home restrictions. Some channels are unavailable if you're not on a TELUS Internet connection. 

Well no I was not home, but even if I was at home it would be connected through internet, not my home box.

Some content providers have in-home vs. out-of-home restrictions. 

Well isn't that something never encountered before. Content providers with Eastlink did not make that distinction and they are hardwired home service not internet based like Telus which continues to have restrictions. I was disappointed being outside of Victoria not being able to watch the local channel.

Telus would have to then impose that restriction as the content provider should not have access to the system that generates the service. Telus sends out content via internet to both platforms.

I am online now with CHEK at home via laptop as a test

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

You're right that the content provider doesn't have access to the system that generates the service, but TELUS needs to adhere to the service agreement with the content provider and impose the restriction. If you're using your home internet, you should have access to all your subscribed channels. There's also a filter option in the guide that shows "playable on this device" which will show you what's available when out of home. 

I turned off home internet and made a hotspot with my cell. CHEK can be viewed. I maintain there was a glitch now fixed. I will know in a month when out of town using another network if it works.

What about a subscribed channel asking for $5 to view a movie but not any other content, I think that was a glitch too

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

It depends on the movie title, I will have to check with the content team. Do you remember it? 

I do not remember the title. But if I ever run into this again on a subscribed channel that is not PPV I will be sure to share.

There had better not be a new selective charging on regular and theme packs